Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments
This introductory course explores the concepts, principles and teaching practices that underpin successful innovative learning environments (ILEs).
Intended for teachers and school leaders who are interested in establishing ILEs in their schools, participants in this course will explore recent research on contemporary learning and teaching practice. They will engage in collaborative activities focused on designing learning and teaching practices for their own ILEs.
This course is ideal for introducing whole-school initiatives to implement ILEs in existing, refurbished and new schools.
|Delivery mode||Online (facilitated)|
|Prior knowledge||No prior knowledge required|
|Upcoming sessions||March 5; March 24|
In addition to this introductory course, participants may wish to complete either:
- Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments - online course suitable for classroom practitioners and/or;
- Leading Learning and Teaching in Innovative Learning Environments - online course suitable for school leaders.
By completing the course, participants will:
- discuss the nature of ILEs and how they can enable the development of key future-facing skills and increase engagement for all students;
- examine how contemporary learning and teaching practice can be supported and enabled by the NSW Department of Education’s eight learning modes; and
- broaden their understanding of evidence-based teaching strategies that can be employed in ILEs to engage all students in deep learning.