The School Leadership Institute has supported tens of thousands of department staff since we were established in 2018, and our offerings continue to grow each year.
Through our leadership development programs, staff webinars, leadership frameworks and other initiatives, current and aspiring school leaders have access to a range of resources to help them develop as leaders and expand their influence.
It’s all part of our mission to provide world-class, evidence-informed, future-focused leadership development programs and initiatives, to make the difference we seek in public education.
Here’s a brief snapshot of some of the SLI’s work.
- Staff in 91 schools are currently taking part in the School Leadership Identification Framework (SLIF) pilot to help identify and support future leaders. This involves 1627 teachers and 485 executive staff.
- More than 500 assistant principals and head teachers are currently enrolled in our Middle Leader Online Induction program.
- Around 160 newly appointed, first time principals will be participating in our 2021 Principal Induction Conference this week.
- Around 180 newly appointed deputy principals will take part in our 2021 Deputy Principal Induction Conference in May
- Our Aspiring Principals Leadership Program (APLP) has had nearly 270 participants since 2018. Our next cohort of participants will be starting the program on 22 March.
- Our new Rural and Remote Leadership Development program involves 54 leaders, their supervisors and 24 mentors. Cohort 2 starts in July and will include up to 70 leaders, their supervisors and 35 mentors.
- Our Growing Great Leaders (GGL) program includes 87 newly appointed principals in the 2020 cohort. Almost 50 new participants started the 2021 cohort this month.
- 102 principals and DELs are currently studying a Masters degree under our Scholarships for School Leaders program.
We are working a range of new programs and offerings for staff which will become available over the next 12 months. Watch this space!