Skill development in 7-10 PDHPE (Online)
Designed for individuals to increase their understanding and ability to teach and assess the PDHPE K-10 syllabus.
Skill development in 7-10 PDHPE is a self-paced, online professional learning course designed for individuals to increase their understanding of, and ability to teach and assess, the PDHPE K-10 syllabus skill domains and skills.
Through this course, learners will:
- enhance their ability to select appropriate skills from each domain for PDHPE syllabus content
- improve their ability to select and use teaching and learning strategies to develop, refine and apply PDHPE skills
- recognise evidence of learning for the skill domains and specific skills
- improve their capacity to provide quality learning and teaching opportunities for students.
This course is made up of 1.5 hours of online learning modules and 1.5 hours of offline collaborative or individual tasks. These tasks are part of a teacher’s professional responsibility for syllabus implementation, including teaching and learning activities modelling skill development and application for a stage of learning.
In this module the tasks involve:
- answering questions through online polls and quizzes and post event tasks
- reﬂecting on current practice
- building understanding of the PDHPE K-10 syllabus skill domains and skills,
- reviewing and critiquing exemplar teaching and learning activities mapped to the PDHPE K-10 syllabus,
- reviewing and modifying existing teaching and learning activities,
- selecting skills and mapping to PDHPE K-10 syllabus content,
- identifying evidence of learning for skill application within your tasks,
- submitting tasks as evidence of learning.
- High School PDHPE