Middle Leaders Online Induction
Provides assistant principals and head teachers with an orientation into their role, with a focus on its purpose, direction and values.
This course will count towards Teacher Identified Professional Development (PD) hours (known as Elective PD under NESA’s new Accreditation of PD Courses Policy).
The School Leadership Institute (SLI) provides world-class, evidence-informed and future-focused leadership development programs for current and aspiring school leaders.
The SLI’s Middle Leader Online Induction program is now open for enrolment and available to participants.
The program provides newly appointed, first time substantive or long term relieving assistant principals and head teachers appointed from June 2020 an orientation into the role of a middle leader through a two-part program:
- Component 1 – self-paced eLearning (prerequisite), and
- Component 2 – 2-day virtual conference.
In component 1, participants will:
- deepen their understanding of their role and their direct impact on improving student learning outcomes
- develop greater confidence and capacity to lead others
- trengthen their knowledge, understanding and skills regarding feedback to enable a professional growth culture;
- enhance their reflective practice as a leader to influence the situation and change the climate.
Component 2 will include the opportunity to consolidate learning from Component 1 through collegial conversations. In addition, participants will engage with leaders across the department in live seminars on key DoE policy and priorities relevant to the role of middle leader. The virtual conference will be held on 8-9 June 2021.
Register at the link below. Participants have until 17 May to complete the eLearning component before receiving an invitation to attend the Term 2 virtual conference.
- School Leader