Focus on Understanding texts: The components of reading - Blended learning
Provides an opportunity to explore the cognitive process involved in reading and how to plan for explicit reading instruction.
This professional learning provides Years 3-8 teachers with an opportunity to explore the cognitive process involved in reading and how to plan for explicit reading instruction.
- Module 1: A framework for understanding reading
- Module 2: The reading landscape
- Facilitated session: Conditions for reading improvement.
Completing this blended learning course will help you to:
- consider the complex cognitive processes involved in reading
- consider how reading research, the School Excellence Framework and the What Works Best: 2020 update can inform your teaching of reading
- explore the reading demands across the curriculum
- understand the importance of a whole school reading culture that embraces a shared belief, responsibility, and enjoyment of reading
- investigate the gradual release of responsibility model
- plan for explicit teaching of reading.
- Primary Stage 2
- Primary Stage 3
- High School