School development days
On this page, you will find a suite of short (12-20 minute) professional learning packages to support schools with the organisation of their School Development Days.
The learning packages have been prepared by teams across the department and are optional for use on School Development Days. They may equally be useful for individual or team professional learning opportunities throughout the year.
Term 1, 2021 program
For Term 1, 2021 School Development Days, learning packages on the follow topics will be available on this page on Monday 25 January.
Learning packages on offer will include:
- School Excellence in Action activities 1 & 2
- Strong and successful start to school
- Disability and Inclusion
- Student Behaviour Strategy
- Introducing the Professional Learning Policy for Teachers and School Staff
- High Potential and Gifted Education Policy - Implementation Support
- Exploring Literacy and Numeracy through the Teaching and Learning Cycle
- Attendance Matters.
Please note, learning packages are non-registered but may guide staff towards engagement with other registered professional learning offerings.
Introductory video messages from Secretary Mark Scott
In addition, Principals may choose to begin each day with one of two special introductory videos from Secretary, Mark Scott in conversation with a guest on the important topics of:
- the revised PL Policy for Teachers and School Staff
- the AECG Partnership
Each video will run for approximately 20 minutes.
Videos now available below.