As with any initiative involving participants from outside of the department, first and foremost, ensure that all school policies and procedures are adhered to..
- Keep an open and clear communication channel open:
- ensure that industry participants are well informed of plans and their progress
- make contact prior to any event
- debrief after events to ensure that things ran smoothly for both sides of the relationship.
- All industry participants who are interacting with students have a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a record these are kept. Using your school's existing process for this is recommended.
- Work closely with industry participants when developing risk assessments for visits to places of business. Often this is already prepared and can be supplied to schools. Identify any personal protective equipment (PPE) required by visitors and who is responsible for supplying it.
- Clearly communicate your school's excursion policy to your industry participants when visiting their place of business
- identify who the excursion organiser is
- outline student supervision requirements and first aid processes including ambulance cover.
- Check the status of students' permission to publish. Cleary identify any students to industry participants who are not able to be photographed. Industry participants may have their own media release processes that will required completion ahead of time.