How can I design an environment for a visiting wombat?
This 5 lesson STEM activity:
- introduces both teachers and students to STEM through an exciting design challenge: to design an environment for a visiting womb
- addresses outcomes from mathematics and science and technology syllabus documents
- guides teachers as they become familiar with STEM and integrated, cross-curricular planning and teaching.
- identify the characteristics of a living thing – a wombat
- apply their knowledge of the needs and behaviours of living things to an authentic problem
- use everyday language of measurement to describe and understand a wombat's environment and design an appropriate solution for visiting wildlife.