In 2018, NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) released the Indonesian K-10 Syllabus.
The support on this page includes sample:
- scope and sequences
- unit starters (units of work)
- assessment tasks, with marking guidelines.
Modify the documents to suit your context, including the needs of your students.
For advice on how to develop your own programming documents, visit our programming and assessment page.
Support materials from NSW Department of Education
The Indonesian K-10 syllabus was developed using the Languages K-10 Framework. As all K-10 language syllabuses (2017 and later) are underpinned by this framework, teachers should view resources across all languages to access a broader range of sample scope and sequences, unit starters and assessment tasks.
Sample scope and sequence documents
Sample assessment tasks
We have also presented the same task in an engaging online format, including the task, outcomes, directions and useful links for the student to follow. You'll also find advice for the students on creating and collaborating together from different locations and videos to spark inspiration.
A unit starter is a set of proposed teaching, learning and assessment strategies, arranged around a topic or theme. Teachers adapt the content to suit the needs of individual students and their local school context.
- Stage 4 – Dining with Indonesian friends! (DOCX 91KB)
- Stage 4 – class party (DOCX 532KB), a generic unit starter which showcases differentiation and adjustments to support the needs of a range of learners
- Stage 5 – food trucks (DOCX 95KB), a generic unit starter which supports an inquiry-based approach
- Stage 5 – a sustainable future, making changes together (DOCX 421KB), a generic unit starter, partially contextualised for Indonesian, which supports the cross-curriculum priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures, and sustainability
Support materials from NESA
NESA has also developed a range of materials to support the Indonesian K-10 syllabus. You can access sample scope and sequence documents, sample units of work and sample assessment activities under 'Support materials' on the Indonesian K-10 Syllabus page.
The NSW Department of Education has created a Stage 4 (100 hours) Indonesian course.
The course is available free of charge to NSW public schools. The course is also available to independent schools, for a $210 administration fee.
This is a Moodle-based course which will require schools to have their own Moodle server (version 2.8.9) and have the specific plugins on order to access the interactive activities and listening files.
To learn more about the course, or to arrange a copy, please contact the NSW School of Languages at NSWSchoolLang.email@example.com