In 2018, NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) released the French K-10 Syllabus.
The support on this page includes sample:
- scope and sequences
- unit starters (units of work)
- assessment tasks, with marking guidelines.
Modify the documents to suit your context, including the needs of your students.
For advice on how to develop your own programming documents, visit our programming and assessment page.
Support materials from NSW Department of Education
The French K-10 syllabus was developed using the Languages K-10 Framework. As all K-10 language syllabuses (2017 and later) are underpinned by this framework, teachers should view resources across all languages to access a broader range of sample scope and sequences, unit starters and assessment tasks.
Sample scope and sequence documents
Sample assessment tasks
- Stage 4 – Who's important in my life? (DOCX 48KB)
A unit starter is a set of proposed teaching, learning and assessment strategies, arranged around a topic or theme. Teachers adapt the content to suit the needs of individual students and their local school context.
- Stage 4 – Who's important in my life? (DOCX 60KB)
- Stage 4 – class party (DOCX 532KB), a generic unit starter which showcases differentiation and adjustments to support the needs of a range of learners
- Stage 5 – food trucks (DOCX 95KB), a generic unit starter which supports an inquiry-based approach
- Stage 5 – a sustainable future, making changes together (DOCX 384KB), a generic unit starter which supports the cross-curriculum priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures, and sustainability
Support materials from NESA
Our virtual excursion to the Eiffel Tower is an interactive website which explores the geography, history and culture of this iconic landmark, supporting students to learn and practise French virtually.
To send feedback and or to access the Google forms, contact Maxine Acosta-Ostrzycki.