Early Stage 1 to Stage 3
English is mandatory for all students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
- Learn how to develop effective scope and sequences (includes sample scope and sequences).
- Explore some short videos about Quality literature, quality teaching and Quality literature, responding and composing.
Professional learning includes:
- The English K-10 Syllabus and using texts
- Rich talk about texts in English K-6
- Annotations on a unit of learning
- Teaching grammar
Through the English K-10 Syllabus (2012), students engage with and explore a variety of texts and develop skills through speaking, listening, reading, writing, viewing and representing. There is a focus on the teaching of literature through a variety of texts which are progressively more sophisticated.
Contact the K-6 English team for information and advice