The 2021 COVID intensive learning support program will provide small group tuition for students who need it most across NSW primary, secondary and specialist schools.
About the program
Through the COVID intensive learning support program, schools will be provided with funding to employ additional educators who will deliver small group tuition for students who need it most.
The program will start during Term 1, 2021 and run throughout the school year. This is a joint effort between The NSW Department of Education, Catholic Schools NSW (CSNSW) and The Association of Independent Schools of NSW (AISNSW).
- around 290,000 students across NSW, including students at every government school, will be supported
- small group tuition will be provided by additional educators – including casual and temporary teachers, retired teachers and student teachers – who will work closely with classroom teachers to make sure the tuition is well targeted
- the tuition will focus on core content and skills, particularly literacy and numeracy
- schools will be supported to identify students who will benefit from intensive support
- a taskforce has been set up to support and guide schools in implementing the program.