Accounts Administration – Certificate III
This course will provides entry level skills for a wide variety of positions in the financial services industry. Trainees will learn about maintaining financial records, processing superannuation records and performing clerical duties, including: accounts payable/accounts receivable, cashier and payroll and bookeeping, preparation of trial balance, EFT/e-business and preparation of financial reports.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
This school based traineeship provides you with the skills required to work in the Financial Services Industry, with a particular interest in an Accounts Administration. Jobs are in filing, checking and processing financial data entry and processing accounts, payable and accounts receivable and at Certificate III level, may include duties such as providing customer service in financial transactions, assisting in processing payroll, preparing trial balance, bookkeeping, producing GST reports, front line cashiering and bank account maintenance using manual and computerised systems and preparing financial reports.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Accounts Administration FNS30317 in FNS Financial Services Training Package.
- Articulation into various Certificate IV Traineeships in Financial Services from FNS Financial Services Training Package.
- A career path into the Financial Services industry.
- On the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- · Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment plus the formal training to complete the qualification.
- · Undertake Certificate III Financial Services (Accounts Administration) as part of your HSC.
- · The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- · Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Maximum 5 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.