Online enrolment for parents
A better way to apply for enrolment at your local school
Online Enrolment offers parents an online alternative to the 16-page, handwritten application form when applying to enrol their child in a NSW Government school.
Getting started online
To apply online for a participating school, your child must be
- a NSW resident
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and
- living in the local enrolment area of the school for which you are submitting an application.
Check the list of participating schools to see if your local school is using online enrolment.
Can't find your local school in the list?
The online enrolment process is being used by most primary schools across NSW and only supports applications to a student’s local school. You can still use existing enrolment processes to apply, more information is available on our going to a public school website.
To find your local school visit school finder.
How it works
- If online enrolment is supported by a child's local school, a link to begin an online enrolment application will be available via the "Enrolment" section of the school website.
- The parent or carer completing the application must provide the child’s main residential address and a contact email to begin the online enrolment process.
- A one-time security code will be sent to this email to authenticate the parent against their email, then the online enrolment form can be completed and the parent can use this email address to resume at a later time.
- The dynamic form will only show the mandatory fields in relation to the specific student, which means parents will only be required to complete the fields of the application relevant to circumstances of their child.
- The form can take as little as 10 minutes to complete, and is sent directly to the school administration staff of your local school.
- Parents will be emailed a PDF copy of the enrolment application immediately following the submission for their own records.
- School administration staff can then contact parents directly for any clarification required around the application.
- The application to enrol will be finalised once the parent/carer has met with the school and provided all the relevant identity and medical documentation for the student.