Students aren't always aware they need to prepare themselves for a meaningful and rewarding life. Find out what drives them as they progress from birth, through kindergarten and on to Year 12.
This research was carried out by Tricky Jigsaw and provides an understanding of the core goals and needs of students from ages 0-18 and their carers.
It helps us have a better understanding of their journey so we can deliver products, services and touchpoints that meet their needs and prepare them for rewarding lives.
Student and carer journey
The student journey, which will be a source of truth for new customer-focused projects and initiatives, comes in two versions:
- High-level student journey provides a broad overview of the different stages, experiences and findings from the research.
- In-depth student journey features a more detailed breakdown of the findings.
The documents are also available in their original form (PDF):
Note: For full functionality, open these documents in Adobe Acrobat after you've downloaded them to your device.
Use the Student journey cheatsheet to understand the key elements of both PDF versions.
Student jobs to be done
The jobs-to-be-done philosophy sits at the heart of the department's Digital Customer Experience Strategy (PDF 11998.1KB). It reframes business problems into customer needs by understanding what jobs customers are trying to get done.
By focusing on outcomes rather than what students use to achieve them, it can lead to more innovative thinking and better design. These student jobs to be done show what they're trying to achieve at different stages of their education lifecycle:
- Year 0-Kindergarten: Help my carers choose the best start (PDF 67.5KB).
- Kindergarten-Year 5: Help me fit in and find my normal (PDF 98.64KB).
- Year 6: Help me with moving to a bigger pond (PDF 97.82KB).
- Year 7 and 8: Help me fit in and define my normal (PDF 97.12KB).
- Year 8, 9 and 10: Help me understand why I'm learning this (PDF 81.63KB).
- Year 11 and 12: Help me make the right choices for my future (PDF 80.98KB).
Use jobs to be done in your project
Initiate and guide projects
Ideate to create value
- Inspire powerful ideas with How might we questions.
Make sure you meet customer needs
- Find out what customer impact your product or service is having with the progress scorecard.
Want to know more?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.