Early childhood early intervention scholarships
This scholarship program will provide funding to support preschool teachers to complete postgraduate study to assist children with additional needs.
Following extensive feedback from the sector, the department is working to enhance the current arrangements to support children with disability and additional needs. The department is committed to supporting all children to participate meaningfully in early childhood education.
The department is currently consulting with the Early Childhood Education Sector on implementation and transition arrangements. Further information will be provided before the end of the preschool year.
Up to 20 scholarships valued at up to $20,000 are available each year to cover the cost of an approved graduate certificate or masters degree. Study can be on a full- or part-time basis and priority is given to applicants in regional and remote NSW.
Applicants must be:
- enrolled in approved postgraduate special education studies
- currently working in a NSW community preschool
- committed to working in a NSW community preschool for a minimum of the fulltime equivalent of 12 months within three years of completing their course.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants are responsible for enrolling in their chosen course and providing the department with proof of enrolment.
- This is a reimbursement scholarship meaning course fees are paid directly to the university each semester. Reimbursement is based on a tax invoice from the university.
- The scholarship does not cover subjects that need to be repeated due to unsatisfactory results or withdrawal from that subject with penalty.
- Students withdrawing from the program of study must provide written confirmation from the university.
- Scholarship recipients withdrawing from a program are be liable for the reimbursement of any fees received.