Every student in NSW public schools develops the mathematics skills they need to succeed in life.
What we aim to achieve
Higher-quality teaching of mathematics in NSW public schools
- Higher-level mathematics courses are more widely available in NSW public schools.
- Teachers of mathematics feel more confident in teaching mathematics.
- Teachers of mathematics use effective practice.
- NSW public schools have more specialist mathematics teachers.
- Teachers of mathematics have improved access to high-quality resources.
- Teachers of mathematics have improved access to and participate in quality professional learning opportunities for teaching mathematics.
Student engagement and outcomes in mathematics
- All Stage 6 students choose to do mathematics.
- More Stage 6 students choose higher-level mathematics.
- Student achievement in mathematics increases (K-12).
More positive attitudes to mathematics
- Students, teachers, parents and carers, and social influencers have more positive attitudes towards mathematics.
- Parents and carers feel more confident to support students in learning mathematics.
- Parents and carers access high-quality resources that support effective student learning of mathematics.