All our research and evaluations employ ethical practices which promote integrity, honesty and respect for participants. Practices are informed by national standards and guidelines.
Researchers and evaluators follow NSW Government and department guidelines and policies when conducting research and evaluation in NSW public schools.
To learn more, visit:
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research provides Australian standards for conducting research and evaluations.
- State Education Research Applications Process (SERAP) Guidelines (DOCX 69.64KB) apply to research carried out by external agencies in NSW public schools or using extant data.
- NSW Government Evaluation Guidelines assist the design and implementation of evaluations of government funded programs.
- NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet Evaluation Toolkit outlines the 7 steps for planning and implementing a program evaluation project.
- NSW Department of Education Evaluation Policy and the Evaluation Framework outline the procedures for evaluations conducted across the department. The framework includes useful resources and templates.
- The department’s Code of Conduct describes the expected behaviour of all NSW Department of Education staff.